The New Freedom Bank
Opens in Oradell
Oradell, NJ – Paul Fitzgerald, President and CEO of the new Freedom Bank announces its recent opening at 550 Kinderkamack Road in Oradell. A grand opening celebration is planned for June 14th.
Freedom Bank will serve local businesses and retail clients with a wide variety of banking services including commercial mortgages, business loans and lines of credit, home equity lines of credit, residential mortgages, and traditional commercial banking products for small to medium size businesses. The Bank will also offer internet banking, bill pay, remote merchant capture, and other technology-based products.
The staff of Freedom Bank is an experienced team of professional bankers who pride themselves on providing outstanding customer service and exceptional banking expertise. President and CEO, Paul Fitzgerald, has extensive experience in commercial and consumer lending, business development, operations and community relations. He has served in many senior management positions with other banks in New Jersey, including as President of North Jersey Community Bank and President of Somerset Hills Bank.
Vice President and Branch Manager, Barbara E. Komor, has an in-depth knowledge of the community. In addition, several members of both the management and staff have experience in Bergen County and the surrounding markets.
In addition to banking veteran, Paul Fitzgerald, the organizers of the Bank include 17 prominent business professionals and include 12 of the 13 proposed
Directors. They are: Ted A. Carnevale, Paul S. Doherty, Jr., Paul S. Doherty, III, Anthony J. Graceffo, Kurt Hartmann, Ralph J. Lamparello, Dennis A. Mendoza, Alain Mulkay, Angel J. Mulkay, Charles F. Pedrani, Robert F. Traflet, Stephen G. Traflet, John C. Auty, Jeffrey P. Doherty, Erik N. Liljegren, Eulogio J. Sanchez and Kathleen A. Tyrrell.
The Bank’s Organizers and Board of Directors will include:
- Paul Fitzgerald, Freedom Bank’s President and CEO, is a seasoned banker with 33 years experience in the NJ banking market. Prior to becoming President of Freedom Bank, Mr. Fitzgerald was President and CEO of North Jersey Community Bank; President and Senior Loan Officer of Somerset Hills Bank; and served in senior management positions with Chemical Bank and Ramapo Bank.
- John C. Auty, Organizer, is a Director of Equity Sales Trading for Citi Global Banking and Markets and works with the Fisherman’s Conservation Association.
- Theodore A. Carnevale, Organizer and Director, is a CPA and an accredited estate planner. He is CEO of Gramkow, Carnevale, Seifert & Co., LLC in Oradell and a former supervisor with KPMG Peat Marwick in Short Hills.
- Jeffrey P. Doherty, Organizer, is a Senior VP for Institutional Equity Sales at Lehman Brothers and a former VP for Equity Trading at Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter.
- Paul S. Doherty, Jr., Organizer and Director, is the Founder, Chairman and CEO of Arrowpac, Inc., which provides freight transportation services, and the former President of Arrow Carrier Corporation.
- Paul S. Doherty, III, Organizer and Director, is the managing member of Hartmann Doherty Rosa & Berman LLC, a law firm based in Hackensack that Mr. Doherty co-founded in 1998.
- Anthony J. Graceffo, Organizer and Director, is the President and owner of the New Jersey Title and Abstract, LLC, a full service title insurance agency. He has been engaged in the private practice of law since 1992 and is active in many civic organizations, including UNICO National, the Lions Club and The Columbians of New Jersey.
- Kurt Hartmann, Organizer and Director, is a founding member of Hartmann Doherty Rosa & Berman LLC, a Hackensack-based law firm. He has recently been selected by the Supreme Court of NJ to serve a four-year term on the Bergen North District Ethics Committee.
- Ralph J. Lamparello, Organizer and Director, is the managing partner of Chasan Leyner & Lamparello and concentrates his practice in civil and criminal litigation. A past President of the Hudson County Bar Association, Mr. Lamparello was selected by his peers to be included in the 2007 edition of Best Lawyers in America® in the specialties of labor and employment law.
- Erik N. Liljegren, Organizer, is a Bergen County-based communications entrepreneur who previously served as a correspondent for Fox News, covering major national and international events, as well as breaking news.
- Dennis A. Mendoza, Organizer and Director, has operated DM Advisory LLC, a money management and business consulting firm, for the past seven years. Mr. Mendoza previously worked in banking compliance for NatWest Markets and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Alain Mulkay, Organizer and Director, is a founder and shareholder of North Bergen-based Mulkay & Rendo, Attorneys at Law, PC. Mr. Mulkay was previously an associate at Gibbons, Del Deo in Newark and a municipal prosecutor in the Township of North Bergen.
- Dr. Angel J. Mulkay, Organizer and Director, is founder and President of Mulkay Cardiology Consultants P.C., specializing in cardiovascular medicine and interventional cardiology. Mulkay Cardiology was established in 1998 and Dr. Mulkay has offices in Hackensack and Union City.
- Charles F. Pedrani, Organizer and Director, is the owner and President of Integrity Material Handling Systems, a company he founded in 1991. He also has a partnership interest in Valley Wines and Spirits, a company he helped to start in 2001 and is a trustee of The Columbians of New Jersey, a philanthropic organization.
- Dr. E.J. Sanchez, Organizer, is a cardiologist and managing partner of Batey Cardiovascular Center in Bradenton, Florida. Dr. Sanchez was born and raised in Hudson County and completed his residency and fellowship at St. Vincent’s Medical Center of Richmond in New York.
- Robert F. Traflet, Organizer and Director, is the owner and director of outpatient diagnostic imaging centers in northern New Jersey, specializing in MRI and CAT scans. He is licensed to practice medicine in NJ, NY and CT.
- Stephen G. Traflet, Organizer and Director, is a founder of Traflet & Fabian, a law firm based in Morristown, New Jersey. He also serves as outside general counsel to a multi-national company based in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Kathleen A. Tyrrell, Organizer, is an attorney with Ravin and Kesselhaut, is commencing a directorship of the pro bono program at Patton Boggs LLP and is the debate coach at St. Peter’s College in Jersey City.
“Oradell is the ideal place for a forward-thinking, independent bank designed to cater to the needs of the small and medium size businesses of this growing community,” Fitzgerald explained. “Freedom Bank offers state-of-the-art financial services, every modern banking convenience and on-site decision-making, that customers just can’t find at bigger banks. The community’s response to us has been extremely positive and we are happy to be serving the wonderful people of Oradell and its neighboring towns.”
Drive in and lobby hours are: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. For more information, call Paul Fitzgerald at 201-977-4400 or visit the Freedom Bank website at www.freedombanknj.com. The Bank is a member of the FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
550 Kinderkamack Road,
Oradell, NJ 07649 Phone: (201) 599-3000 Fax: (201) 599-3005